We have been on spring break around here and thoroughly enjoying every moment of it! Breaks are definitely the best perk of a teaching career, and since my schedule is super flexible, I was able to take some time to relax with Chris, too. We celebrated both our birthdays, which happen to be five days apart, and had an awesome week-long visit from Chris's family. On the home front, we put some work into our bedroom and outdoor space, but those will have to wait for another day, as today is (of course) all about the thrifting we have done! Which, granted, isn't much... but we have a few gems to share:
Chris found this gold mid century magazine rack at one of the thrift stores down in Ventura last week while I was working at the art gallery, though he was on his scooter (did we mention he now drives an Aprilia Scarabeo 200?), so he couldn't take it with him at the time. Luckily the store let him buy it and come back to pick it up once I got off work with the car. We love these types of wire mini-furniture, and they have sold very well for us, so this guy will be listed in our Etsy shop soon. I like that it has two flat shelves, so you can use it for a lot more than just magazines.
I picked up this ceiling light at one of our local Ojai thrift stores, and lucky for me it was on sale for half off the already low price! We thought about using it ourselves since we would like to replace our ugly light fixtures, but this guy only takes one bulb, and we need as much light as we can get in here, so going from two bulbs in a fixture to one just seems silly to me. But that means we get to list it on Etsy! I love the milk glass sides and the gorgeous clear pressed glass design on the bottom.
That's it for this week! What do you think of our purchases? Did you thrift anything interesting these past two weeks? Do you get a spring break?
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, a mid century one at Remnant, and new ones at We Call it Junkin and Thrifter Maker Fixer Farm!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - alivingspace - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!