I had one of those thrifting weeks where you go everywhere, but find all your purchases at only one store... and your finds have a theme. This week I guess the boho gods were looking down on me, because that's what I found!
I was rather excited to find both the rug and the wood plant stand (small stool/ottoman?) at one of the many thrift stores on Main St. in Ventura. They were both surprisingly well-priced, so I snatched them up not knowing whether I wanted them to keep or sell... and for now we're both a little smitten with them. At the moment, the rug has found a home making the back room feel a little more polished, and we're still looking for the perfect spot for the plant stand, but we're still pretty sure we're going to keep it.
Ok, I may have dressed up this scene a little to be even more themed, as I bought all those planters before this week... but hey, at least they are all in fact thrifted! We actually bought the brass footed stand from another Etsy shop (along with a bigger one, which we still need to find plants for) a couple months ago; the simple white pot showed up in our houseplants post a couple months ago and is actually planted with clippings from a planter of awesome succulents we bought at a Santa Barbara estate sale (seen in this post); the weird tiny guy was found at an Ojai garage sale soon after moving here last summer... I think it's probably supposed to be a single egg holder, but it just looks so cute with a little plant in there.
It's a bit hard to see the rug in that first photo, so here's a closer look. It has some color-bleeding and isn't perfect, but I just love a nice flat woven rug with an exciting pattern! I think my personal style may actually be a little bit bohemian... Chris and I have been decorating together for so long now, I tend to think in terms of our joint style, but we definitely have our differences, and I'm now noticing that I like a more boho look than him, which to me means lots of layers, plants, patterns, and textures, with a little more variety than just the mid century stuff. Luckily, Chris likes a certain amount of that, but I just have to keep it from getting too crazy.
What do you think of our purchases this week? Have you had any themed finds lately? Any rug cleaning tips? Make sure you link up your thrifty posts below!
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, a mid century one at Remnant, and new ones at We Call it Junkin and Thrifter Maker Fixer Farm!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - alivingspace - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!