Life has been busy busy busy lately, and sadly the blog is taking a bit of a back seat, as you may have noticed by my lack of posting recently... oops. The Nifty Thrifty may actually be turning into more of an every other week thing as we thrift less and I spend more time working and making things (like my antlers, which are doing awesome and are even for sale in a local retail store now! More on that another day, though). I did manage to check out the Ventura swap meet last week (along with a few unsuccessful stops at the thrift stores) where I picked up a couple vintage electronics for our Etsy shop:
The last floral phone I bought at the swap meet was hugely popular and sold quickly, so I couldn't resist this crazy floral French princess style phone, which was made in 1973 by the American Telecommunications Corporation and is labeled "The Empress Telephone" in pretty script on the base. You can't really fully appreciate all the floral in this photo, but trust me, there are plenty of pink, peach, and green flowers to keep this phone's future owner very happy.
My other purchase at the swap meet was this lovely little mid century desk lamp. I love the clean lines and the combination of glossy white surfaces, gold gooseneck, and a little touch of faux bois on the top of the base (which you can't see in this photo... but it's there).
Amazingly, that's all we bought for the past two weeks! Last weekend we were actually chaperoning a school ski trip, so that cut into our normal thrifting time, though in a very welcome way. Yay free skiing! Not the most romantic first Valentine's Day as a married couple, but... free skiing. Anyway, what do you think of our two electronic purchases? Do you pick up vintage electronics? Did you thrift anything exciting in the past two weeks?
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, a mid century one at Remnant, and new ones at We Call it Junkin and Thrifter Maker Fixer Farm!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - alivingspace - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!