We had a lovely Thanksgiving vacation in Carmel (cutest town ever, by the way), and what with all the holiday bustle, we managed to not do any thrifting all week! This morning I wasn't sure what we were going to do about this post, but then we went grocery shopping down in Ventura today, and we stopped at our usual thrift stores on Main St where we picked up a couple items for our shop to share:
This is the third vintage style "Grand Phone" by polyflame concepts we have found--we recently sold a white one, and we still have a red one in our shop. The matte black color has a very cool and sophisticated look, so I think it will sell well.
We were surprised (and happy) to find a set of hot pink Shiny Brite ornaments at a thrift store that is usually lacking in quality vintage stuff. It probably helped that it was hidden under a couple other boxes of ornaments. We're always pleased to add more Shiny Brites to our shop!
Did you thrift this holiday week? What do you think of our purchases? How was your Thanksgiving (for our fellow Americans)? Did you do any Black Friday shopping? We checked out all the cute little stores in Carmel, but it was a far cry from any crazy mall shopping like I used to do with my mom. This week we're looking forward to getting our Christmas tree set up, sending out our homemade holiday cards, and getting more Christmas shopping done (maybe with some gift guides to share?).
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, a mid century one at Remnant, and new ones at We Call it Junkin and Thrifter Maker Fixer Farm!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - alivingspace - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!