Sorry we're late this week! I wrote last week about being/feeling crazy busy (but still doing a bunch of projects) this holiday season, and I wasn't kidding. Plus with the whole winter thing, we lose sun (and thus the natural lighting for our photos) much earlier, so picture taking has to happen sooner, and that just didn't happen this week. Grocery shopping did though, so that's good. Anyway, we did manage to stop at a few thrift stores, and we found some useful household stuff, along with one (count 'em... one) vintage item, but I think it's a good one!
We found this large Pyrex refrigerator dish in excellent condition with its glass lid in the "Friendship" pattern at a new-to-us thrift store in Ventura, which was huge and randomly had a live band playing music in Spanish--that experience was quite amusing and definitely a first for us. I've always liked the Friendship pattern, but this is the first piece of it we have found in the wild, and for a reasonable price to boot (some of the thrift stores around here mark up Pyrex like crazy, even above what I would consider retail value). Once we got home and looked it up online, I was surprised and pleased to see that there are only two others of these listed on Etsy, and neither have a lid, so I imagine this will be an easy and profitable sale!
What do you think of our Pyrex purchase this week? Do you buy Pyrex, either to resell or for yourself? What are your favorite patterns, or dream patterns that your just waiting to stumble upon out there? Did you thrift anything fun this week, or is the holiday season taking over all your time, too?
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, a mid century one at Remnant, and new ones at We Call it Junkin and Thrifter Maker Fixer Farm!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - alivingspace - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!