This week we were mostly focused on all the wedding posts and the big blog re-design, so there wasn't much time left over for thrifting. I also had my first few days of my new part-time job working at an art gallery in town (yay! so excited!), and Chris had his first weekend of dorm duty, which meant we were both working more than usual. Still, we found time on Saturday morning to go to a few sales in Ventura, and we picked up some small items that will be perfect for getting our shop ready for the holidays!
To start, we found these boxes of Shiny Brite ornaments at a yard sale and quickly snapped them up since we had good success selling Shiny Brites last holiday season. They're not perfect, and have a few other random vintage ornaments mixed in, but the colors are fab!
We have a soft spot for vintage games, and this funny little pair of cube games from the 70's and 80's cracked me up! I think they would be amusing little stocking stuffers.
I actually bought this Avon hands soap dish last week at one of the thrift stores in Ventura, but it got forgotten in the shuffle until now. I normally don't pick up Avon items, but something about this little soap dish struck my fancy, and we've been thinking about adding more under $25 gift to our shop. It was surprisingly hard to photograph these hands, but I like the solution I came up with--we've been trying to use more "fall" colored props for Etsy photos these days.
What do you think of our little purchases? What did you thrift this week? If you're a reseller, how are you preparing your shop for the holidays?
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, and a mid century one at Remnant!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - a living space - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!