We just had to re-subscribe for another year of inlinkz, meaning we've been doing these link-ups for a whole year now!
Hope you all had good luck this week--we ended up only stopping at two estate sales this week, and we only bought things at one of the two. The only things we were interested in at the first sale were a number of nice plants, but they were a bit expensive so we decided to pass them up and head over to the next sale. The second estate sale, however, had lots to explore, and many things we were interested in buying for our shop. Unfortunately, the sale didn't open for another thirty minutes, and the sellers were firm on their start time. We did manage to get our names on the list to be in the first wave of people to be let in.
The little black plastic rotary phone toy sat right next to the entrance, and although we were in the first group to be let in there were still over twenty people before us. Thankfully, nobody picked it up--we've had really good luck selling toy rotary phones in the past, so we were understandably excited to pick this up at the super low marked price. And as you can see, the toy phone was not the only thing we picked up... Usually we use our collection of tin globes as styling items in our photos, but the little globe in the back of the photo was also one of our purchases from the estate sale, dug out from a box under a table--it's always worth digging through the boxes! We also picked up the funny little brass squirrel bottle opener and the small mercury jug.
Clearly it was our lucky day because at the same estate sale we picked up the large green enamel light shade, the brass ram, the "Jiffy-Way" egg scale, and the Evenflo pitcher (which was apparently originally for mixing baby formula). It was a week of small purchases, but hopefully some good stuff that will do well in our Etsy shop this holiday season!
What do you think of our finds this week? Did you thrift anything fun? What kind of stuff do you look for as you prepare for the holiday rush?
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, a mid century one at Remnant, and a new one at We Call it Junkin!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - a living space - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!