This week was a quiet one here at alivingspace. We went to a few yard and estate sales, but pretty much everything was a bust. Only when we happened to stop in at one of the thrift stores in Ojai this Saturday did we find anything really worth posting about.
This weathered Lane Acclaim side table is a piece of what seems to us to be one of the most commonly collected mid century furniture collections. The Dovetail veneer and its classic mcm legs make this quite the iconic piece of home decor. While there are more desirable pieces from this collection, this particular side table is nice and sturdy, and with some minor refinishing it will easily fetch a decent price on craigslist.
|Julia had way too much fun photoshopping this one|
Ok, it's not that strange, but I do find this thing a bit bizarre... Julia found this vintage collar by Fran and Lou at a thrift store in Ventura early in the week. It has little metallic silver dots in the middle of each waffle of fabric, and the tag indicates that it is made to be worn both in and out, so we took pictures of both styles. These vintage collars are very "hipster" and trendy at the moment, and I have no doubt we will find a buyer soon after listing it, even though it's not really our style.
That's all we found this week, what about you? What do you think of our purchases?
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, a mid century one at Remnant, and a new one at We Call it Junkin!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - alivingspace - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!