Julia here again. I swear Chris is still around... just really really busy and a touch stressed out with the beginning of the school year. Anyway, as has been the theme lately, we kindof failed at thrifting again this week. Another week, another weak excuse ;)
But actually, the main reason is pretty good this time: we had a garage sale on Saturday! We've been talking with our landlord about having a yard sale together for a few weeks now, but each Saturday didn't work for one reason or another, until this week, when we realized on Friday that we were all good to go for the next day. Even though we just had a huge yard sale before we moved, once we unpacked everything in California, we ended up setting aside several big boxes of stuff we just don't need. Since we buy so much, it feels really good to keep the cycle moving by getting rid of extra things whenever we can. Lucky for us, the weather was beautiful, and there were randomly two other sales on our street, so traffic to our little sale was fantastic; we sold most of our stuff and made a hundred bucks!
I actually tried to go to our local Ojai thrift stores a couple times during the week, but they all seem to have weird hours and were closed every time I tried during the week! We also checked out the other sales on our street on Saturday and didn't find anything worthwhile. Then, just when we thought we weren't going to have anything to post about, we stopped at our favorite local thrift store, New 2 You, on Saturday afternoon and found this neat little piece:
It's like a magazine stand/tiny side table... we're not quite sure what to call it! It's definitely mid century and pretty cool either way. At first we thought it was for records, but it's just barely too small to hold records, so there went that theory. The gold metal has seen better days, and it's a bit rusty around the edges, but it still looks awesome and is a great small size for sitting next to a chair and holding a few books and a drink on the top shelf. It has already found a nice little spot next to one of our victorian chairs in the living room, but we'll be listing it on Etsy soon, so it may not be there long!
Any other ideas what this thing might be used for? What do you think of it? Did you thrift anything fun this week? Also, in case you missed it, the other day we posted a little update of how our kitchen is coming along here!
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, and a mid century one at Remnant!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - a living space - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!