This week we had some luck at the two estate sales we visited. The first sale promised mid century furniture in the ad, but we arrived too late (6:30am!) to get any of it. But we didn't leave empty handed; we filled the car (which is a surprising amount if you are familiar with the Honda Fit) with a giant crazy orchid, several succulents--large and small--and pile of air plants, some of which are pictured below. We'll be posting more pictures of our new apartment soon, including our awesome outdoor space, so you'll see all the bigger plants then.
At the second estate sale, which was another hoarder (we went to our first hoarder sale last week), we found this awesome glow-in-the-dark exit sign, and the mid century furniture legs in the image below. Julia cleaned up the exit sign quite well and we just might keep it for now; it looks pretty good in our kitchen. I discovered it was actually glow-in-the-dark and not just reflective when I got up in the middle of the night last night and was well informed of the location of the exit. As for the legs, we might sell them as is, or maybe we'll add them to something to make a custom mcm style table or some other piece of furniture.
The biggest score this week was definitely the plants, which we will show more of soon, once we take more pictures of our new space. Both of the succulents in the picture above were also from the first estate sale, but we bought three larger and more exciting plants!
How did your week go? Any big finds? What do you think of our estate sale purchases? Have you bought plants used before? We have found that it's a surprisingly good way to get nice mature plants at a great price!
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, and a mid century one at Remnant!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - a living space - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!