Only five more days of favoriting on Apartment Therapy Small Cool! If you haven't voted yet, make sure you go favorite our apartment before the time is up, and thanks!
After Brimfield last weekend we didn't really feel the need to thrift this week, but we did have two other non-Brimfield finds from last week that we completely forgot about in the excitement over our new coffee table.
Sometime last week we stopped at Savers--a surprisingly rare occurrence these days--and while we were there we bought some summery clothes for ourselves and a couple awesome vintage pieces. The two shiny brass Nagel style candle holders on the table were Julia's find. We had another one of these candle holders, which I recently sold to someone who came to buy a Danish modern chair from a craigslist listing. These two are in even better condition, and will go up on Etsy once we reach CA--for the most part we're taking a break from listing new items until we can catch our breath.
My find of the day was the set of Danish modern kitchen chairs. When I found them they had terrible fabric on them, but then I realized that someone had simply stapled it on after I peeked under the fabric and this beautiful tweed lay hidden beneath. We bought the pair for $14, brought them home, and quickly removed all the ugly fabric; there is some wear to the tweed on the backrests, but they still look ok. We could really care less, and maybe we'll even get them re-upholstered someday. We had been using our two orange Eames shell chairs at the table, but their size, the rolling casters, and the limited space made them a bit difficult and inconvenient. We've been looking for good kitchen table chairs for over a year, so we'll definitely be keeping these!
How did you fare this week? Have you been yard sale-ing?
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, and a mid century one at Remnant!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - a living space - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!