I know... we're two days late! We probably should have mentioned last week that posting would be a little sparse, since I was away in Oregon for the week, and Chris joined me for the weekend to attend my brother's wedding. Fun times were had, that is until we took the red-eye home last night. Today we pushed through the exhaustion to take a couple pictures, so you will have to forgive us for this brief and tardy Nifty Thrifty post...
While in Oregon, we went to the second day (slimmer pickings, but half off!) of a few estate sales with my mom and picked up some cool pieces for next to nothing. This mod little "Lloyd high intensity lamp" folds up and bends in every which direction. At the same sale we spotted this tiny red Dansk enamel butter warmer; it has some chipping in the enamel on the outside, and it seems to be a newer version, but we couldn't resist it. Our last notable estate sale purchase was this 1971 printing of the American National Red Cross "First Aid" book in almost perfect condition. It has a great vintage look and is filled with tons of hilarious and awkward illustrations.
That's it for the thrift finds this week, but we realized we forgot to share this recent Ebay purchase from a couple weeks ago...
Chris had been desperately searching for one of these Chein moon globes with the awesome tulip-like stand ever since he discovered they existed, so he was stoked when we won this beauty on Ebay for $35 plus shipping (which is a pretty good deal for this guy... especially since we're definitely keeping it). One item checked off the wish list!
What do you think of our finds? Have you checked anything off your "wish list" lately? Do you love red-eye flights as much as we do...? I'm hilarious, I know. Time for bed!
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, Sir Thrift-A-Lot, and a brand new one at Remnant!
Without further ado, a few easy rules for the Nifty Thrifty Link Up:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - a living space - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!