For starters, we picked up this colorful Blendo chip and dip bowl set at Savers; we love finding Blendo, but before finding this we had only seen sets like this one on Etsy and other thrifting blogs. The small dip bowl on top is attached to the larger bowl by a small metal clip. There was also a small Blendo pitcher at Savers that day, but it had been machine washed, and we already have three so we passed on that.
|Pretty in Pink|
We couldn't pass up this Hazel Atlas "Crinoline" dinner set when we came across it at Savers. These dishes are apparently quite desirable, which we were not particularly surprised by, considering how similar they are to pink Pyrex, which is a perennial favorite.
Julia found these awesome brass candle holders at Savers. We've been looking for candle holders and Christmas decorations recently, and it payed off the other day when we sold the brass christmas tree candle holder we bought last week. Gold (the color, obviously these candleholders aren't made of the metal) has been trending recently on Etsy so when you tag brass items they get lots of attention. Hopefully our other brass items can ride the wave. We have a very similar set of tulip candle holders listed already, but these have a more modern shape and the brass is in better condition.
|Get it done.|
I always check the office supplies section of Savers, but rarely do I find anything worth picking up. This faux wood grain clip board was the exception. If you're going to buy something mass produced for your office it should definitely be as cool as this. The metal clip has a great retro industrial vibe, and it has holes in the back that would make it easy to hang and use as a clipboard for lists, photos, etc.
I also picked this beautiful decanter up the other day at Savers; we've actually picked one of these up before, but the top of this one is much nicer.
These beautiful glasses with leather bands were another of my Savers finds this week. The leather bands are removable for cleaning, and have a great worn look without being damaged. These are so cool I doubt we'll be able to part with them.
I've seen these Yugoslavian enamel pans before, but for some reason they don't sell for very much. I found this at Savers the other day for a price that was just too good to pass up. Perhaps we will just use this as a catch all, or maybe it will be my new breakfast egg pan.
What do you think of our finds this week? Do you ever thrift things you just can't bring yourself to part with for at least a little while? Make sure you share your thrifted finds with us in the link-up below!
These blogs also host great link-ups that we join, so make sure you check them out, too: Apron Thrift Girl, Me and my Shadow, and Sir Thrift-A-Lot
Without further ado, a few easy rules:
1. We would love it if you would follow our blog on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and leave a friendly comment :)
2. Only link up recent blog posts that showcase your thrifty finds from the week, including items from yard sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, flea markets, and even the side of the road! Thrifty finds that you have restored or updated are fine, but please no unrelated DIY or craft projects (we like those, too, but lets keep this link-up focused on thrifty vintage!).
3. Remember to LINK BACK to this blog - a living space - so everyone can join in!
4. Link straight to your individual post, not your whole blog.
5. No links to Etsy shops or other non-blog sites.
Thanks for joining in!